the rescuers of children in Thailand wants to sue Elon Musk
the rescuers of children in Thailand wants to sue Elon Musk

One of the rescuers who participated in the operation to save the 12 children and the football coach trapped in a cave in Thailand said Monday that he could denounce billionaire Elon Musk for having treated him as a ‘pedo’, a diminutive of a pedophile in English. in several Twitter posts that he later deleted.

The entrepreneur, owner of Tesla and SpaceX, accused of pederast Vernon Unsworth, a British speleologist who a few days earlier had accused him of performing an “act of publicity” with his offer to provide a mini-submarine to rescue the young Thais.

The 12 minors and their soccer coach were rescued for three days last week by an international team of divers in the Tham Luang cave, where they were trapped on June 23.

The billionaire, a visionary for some and a megalomaniac for others, reacted on Sunday with a series of tweets in which he referred to Unsworth as a “fart”.

Tusk, with 22 million followers on Twitter, immediately erased these messages.

Asked how he felt about Musk’s comment, Unsworth added: “I’m not going to comment more on him, but I think people realize what kind of guy he is.”

When a reporter for the Nine Network network insisted he was going to take legal action against Musk, Unsworth replied, “Yes, yes, I think he called me a pedophile.”

Unsworth, who lives part of the year in Thailand and advised the surveyors and the rescuers, considered that the contraption proposed by Musk “had no possibility of functioning” and that it was an “act of publicity”.

In a previous interview with CNN, the speleologist noted that the minisubmersible created by Musk engineers “had no chance to work” inside the cave where the children and their trainer were trapped, more than 1.5 miles deep, with areas partially flooded and with very irregular passages.

  Is eucalyptus an invasive species? According to the Government, not according to its scientists

You can “stick your submarine where it hurts,” Unsworth said during the Thailand interview.

With masks and four pounds less weight: the first images of Thai children rescued from the cave

The 12 children and their soccer coach lost an average of 4.4 pounds (2 kilograms) while trapped in the cave, but in general they were in good condition and showed no signs of stress, a senior health official said.

The hospital authorities say that the immune system of young people is very weakened after nine days without eating and 17 days in the cave. Doctors fear that any contact with other people can infect them.

Initially they have been subjected to a soft diet, although those who arrived first have already gone to solids. According to the medical staff that attends them, the children have been constantly asking for more food, which indicates the good state of health.

Thongchai Lertwilairattanapong, an inspector from the Department of Health, told reporters that one of the children in the last rescued group had a lung infection and that everyone was vaccinated against rabies and tetanus, Reuters reports.

The children will have to stay in the hospital for up to 10 days, hospital director Chaiwetch Thanapaisal told the media. Then they need to recover at home for 30 days, he said.

The parents of the first eight children released were able to visit them but had to wear protective suits and stand seven feet away as a precautionary measure. Authorities are concerned about the possibility of infections picked up in the cave.

  The facial recognition glasses of the Chinese police have been a success: they reach new regions and now identify travelers

Means have reported that children have not been able to eat foods with spices, one of the basic characteristics of traditional Thai cuisine.

The first images of the children in the hospital are from a video broadcast by the Thai authorities. There they see young people with surgical masks on their beds, some with enough strength to sit up and say hello to the camera.

The head of the rescue mission, Narongsak Osottanakorn, told the media that nobody was to blame for what happened, that the children were only children when they were lost. “We do not see them as guilty or as heroes, they are children, it was an accident,” he added.

The authorities also released images of the extraction of young people inside the cave.

“The operation to bring the boar (name of the football team) home has been completed last night. We appreciate the great help of all the participants: divers from all over the world, medical equipment, several exSEALs, support teams and spiritual teams, excellent kitchen equipment, oxygen replenishment equipment, water management equipment, electrical equipment, equipment mountaineering (…) people from all corners of the planet. The world will never forget this rescue mission, “reads the Facebook account of the Seal body of the Thai Armada.

The young men began to leave the cave one by one on Sunday and from there they were taken by helicopter to the hospital in the city of Chiang Rai, about 45 miles away (70 kilometers), where they remain in quarantine.

The group ventured into the vast cave complex in the northern province of Chiang Rai after soccer practice on June 23 and was caught when a rainy season downpour flooded tunnels.

  Confirm the end of The Big Bang Theory

They were lost for nine days until British rescue divers discovered them on July 2, sitting on a ledge in a half-flooded chamber. Removing them turned out to be a monumental challenge. They had to teach children as young as 11 years old, inexperienced and weakened, to dive through narrow and submerged passages.

Leave a Reply