Carrying out a varied and balanced diet is essential to enjoy good health. Although many may find it difficult to feed properly, because they are not used to it, it is better to change the habit progressively, to resign themselves to eating badly. We have an infinity of star foods around us, as is the case with sesame seeds.
Introducing a variety of seeds in the diet is an excellent option, since they have a powerful nutritional value. In the case of sesame seeds, they are super versatile since you can add them in number of dishes. They are a source of protein, Omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids and fiber. It is a powerful source of calcium, essential to enjoy good health. In addition, it contains other minerals such as magnesium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, potassium; and vitamins E, great antioxidant and group B (B1, B3, B6).
Benefits of taking sesame seeds
- Good for cardiovascular health thanks to its content of polyunsaturated fatty acids that help prevent diseases that affect the heart.
- Because of its high calcium content, it helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Source of tryptophan, necessary to treat some emotional disorders such as depression, anxiety or insomnia.
- Great protection for the digestive system due to its fiber content. Keeps the digestive system in good condition avoiding problems such as gastritis or heartburn.
- Strengthens the immune system thanks to the contribution of vitamins and minerals.
- It helps to balance cholesterol levels.
- Improves eye health by preventing some diseases such as cataracts.
- Reduces inflammation and pain caused by arthritis.
If you do not know how to introduce sesame to your meals, there are many ways to do it. You can find sesame, or sesame, in seeds (in their different varieties) or in oil. If you want, add them in your salads or, also, if you make your own bread or baked cookies. If you prefer, spread them in your homemade sauces or creams, such as tahini or hummus.
If you are interested in knowing more about this powerful seed, surely you are interested in this article in which we tell you the properties of the tahini and how to prepare it.