The tomato is a food that should not be missing in your diet. Its properties have many advantages for your health and, in addition, it is very appetizing. So, it will not be a great sacrifice to start introducing it to your salads and dishes.
This vegetable rich in water, is an excellent ingredient, and very versatile, for our dishes. You can eat it alone, accompanying a salad, crushed on toast in juice… It is ideal with the arrival of good weather because, in addition to moisturizing, refreshes and is very healthy. The tomato is rich in carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamin A, C, B and E; and minerals such as magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
Benefits of tomato for your health
- It is an antioxidant food that acts by protecting our body from the damage caused by free radicals. Its antioxidant component of lycopene flame and helps prevent many diseases.
- It is perfect for balancing cholesterol levels, preventing cardiovascular disease and reducing the risk of heart attack.
- It has diuretic effect so it helps to expel liquid and with it, promotes the elimination of toxins.
- The tomato serves as protector of cardiovascualar health, helping to reduce and regulate blood pressure.
- It favors the healing of wounds.
- Protects the skin and delays the aging process.
- Thanks to its vitamin A content, it is a good ally for vision, preventing the development of some eye conditions such as night blindness.
- It keeps skin, hair and nails strong and healthy. Help your hair look bright and with an extra contribution of vitality.
- It acts as a potent regulator of intestinal transit and, in addition, protects the liver.
- Reduces the risk of aging on brain functions.
- Studies assure that the tomato is able to prevent several types of cancer.
- Consuming tomatoes favors the immune system of our body because, thanks to its vitamin C content, it strengthens the defenses.
As you can see, the tomato is a superfood loaded with positive contributions to take care of our organism. Introducing it into the diet is an excellent decision. Sure, with the good weather, you start to want to take your fresh salads and enjoy the outdoors. Add tomato and take care of your health from the inside. Remember that good eating habits provide internal benefits that are reflected abroad.