Instagram plans a very important movement within its approach as a social network. If he had already left behind the idea of sharing images to become a messaging application and microvideo, now the idea is to copy directly to YouTube to become a video platform. And its official presentation is very close.
The application knows that it treasures a user base that has progressively fled its parent company, Facebook. Given that the videos do not finish curdling among the adolescent audience, they have thought: why not add them to that platform in which the target audience is present? That’s one of the reasons to make Instagram the new YouTube competition.
After having modestly copied Snapchat now it is the turn of the most important streaming video portal in the world. This is what TechCrunch tells us, a medium that has already advanced the intentions of Instagram. The platform has invited the press to an event on June 20 in the United States with the intention of presenting in public the great renovation of the app.
Instagram will have a section with large format videos like YouTube
The idea is to attract creators of video content to Instagram by offering them a better platform for the visualization of their creations and also for their monetization. This implies a huge deployment within the platform and also a substantial change for those who use it: from the Stories of a minute at most we will pass to long videos. Although yes, they will have a specific section within Instagram.
As detailed by TechCrunch based on its sources, the features of the new Instagram video section will be the following:
- Content creators can upload videos with quality up to 4K and full screen. It is expected that they can be both vertical (Stories format) and horizontal.
- The new videos will not be integrated into the Stories since they will have their own section. It is not clear whether within the Instagram application or as a new app (maybe both, as with Instagram Direct).
- There will be featured videos, by theme, popular… Users will have the option to resume playback at the point where they left it.
- Instagram has established agreements with content creators with the idea that it is available the same day June 20. We do not know if we will also have videos in Spanish from the first day.
- Video creators will have the option to add a link to their own publications, just like in Instagram Stories. In addition, they can monetize your content; although it is not yet clear what the advertising format will be.
The growth in Instagram during the last months, and the special interest of the adolescent public for the application and integrated services, has made Facebook look at it as a platform where to exploit the video format in an attempt to finally beat YouTube. You already tried it on Facebook itself without much success: the great part of the creators of quality has been progressively abandoning the platform.
On June 20 we will know all the news of the new Instagram videos
As we said, we’ll have to wait until June 20 to discover what Instagram has planned for its new video section. It is not very clear that the audience of the application is willing to use it to watch long videos given the success of the ephemeral and fast content. Especially when YouTube has established itself as the most logical option for streaming content. Of course, we expect an application of Instagram increasingly heavy, it shows that behind is Facebook.