Besides being an extraordinary phenomenon, social networks are also a fearsome reflection of human nature. For the daily users of these platforms it is possible to distinguish several types of Internet users, but to give a certain rigor to the matter, a group of psychologists defined the types of recurring personalities in RRSS.
According to this report from the BBC there are six types of personalities in social networks:
- The heavy (histrionic): many publications, most without relevant content, in the gym or showing what you eat. Great emotional instability.
- The egomaniac: search for constant attention. “Selfies” to bore. Narcissistic profile.
- The group or “never alone”: always appears with friends. Usually it is insecure, with great fear of abandonment.
- The “lover”: usually upload photos with your partner ALL the time, however intimate. Expressive and dependent.
- The absent or solitary: strange, introverted photographs of landscapes, in which he never appears. It denotes sensitivity and a certain fear of rejection.
- The “followback”: its only goal is to have followers to silence their insecurities.
Another report by the technology and business firm Forrester published by the Mirada 360º portal agrees that there are six types of social network users, although it organizes them to their type of behavior in:
- The creator: He regularly publishes his own content, is very active and frequently enriches the digital environment.
- The critic: He is very active, focuses mainly on opinions and comments on content made by third parties. If something does not seem like it, do not hesitate to say it and sometimes it becomes “aggressive”.
- The collector: They are those who curate content to share on the networks. It is made a good reputation by its selection that it is worth to obtain followers, who trust in their work.
- The networker: Respond, put fav, comment, share at all times. Actively participates in several social networks: Twitter, Facebook LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Foursquare, Google+. He is a great conversationalist, adheres to good habits and collaborates in projects. Provides relationships to promote their development and that of others.
- The viewer: Consume social networks, but practically does not interact or generate or share content. He is not interested in attracting attention.
- The inactive: Is online but only in traditional media, read the newspaper on the Internet for lack of time, but prefers the paper and likes to say it in a very loud voice. Do not watch videos on YouTube, or read blogs, is alien (and reluctant) to social networks.