There is less left for the launch of the next big update of our favorite mobile operating system. Google goes one step further with the development of Android P publishing today and its third preview that has been renamed as Android P Beta 2.
The second beta version of Android P comes just four weeks after the release of its first version during the Google I / O 2018 conference. The novelties of this version are the following:
Android P Beta 2, news
The most important novelty of Android P Beta 2 is that it already includes the final version of the APIs and the SDK . That means that from today developers can now update theirbeta applications through Google Play to support and squeeze the news of Android P.
The main novelties of Android P already met during his presentation last month during the Google I / O 2018, which from now can be squeezed by the other applications.
- Smart battery: the operating system will use machine learning to prioritize system resources for the applications that most interest the user, reducing up to 30% the use of the CPU and applications in the background, extending the battery of the device.
- App Actions: The new action recommendations take advantage of automatic learning on Android to show your application to the user applications and actions at the right time. This new feature will be available to developers in the coming weeks.
- Slices: These are extra pieces of information that applications can integrate between the results of Google search, to complement the information with the data of the application itself.
- Immersive content with Notch: Applications can display their content in full screen on devices with “Notch”.
- MessagingStyle: This is the new style for message notifications, which show more content under conversation design.
- Biometric security. Android P introduces a new dialog box administered by the system to request the user any type of biometric authentication supported. Supports fingerprint, facial and iris authentication in compatible devices.
How to upgrade to Android P Beta 2
The Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL will receive Android P Beta 2 via OTA through the Android P Beta program. If you have already registered to receive Android P Beta, you will only have to wait for the new OTA to arrive during the next minutes or hours. You also have your factory images available in case you want to update manually.
- Pixel: sailfish-ppp3.180510.008-factory-a0ef4945.zip
- Pixel XL: marlin-ppp3.180510.008-factory-e23e16fe.zip
- Pixel 2: walleye-ppp3.180510.008-factory-5a8b6a89.zip
- Pixel 2 XL: taimen-ppp3.180510.008-factory-4ec49e55.zip
If you have an Essential Phone, Nokia 7 Plus, Oppo R15 Pro, Sony Xperia XZ2, Vivo X21UD, Vivo X21, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S or OnePlus 6 you will receive this new version during the next weeks.
Next beta version in a few weeks
According to the Android P calendar, at the end of June, Google will launch the first Android P candidate version with the bugs fixed in this new beta version. In July, they will launch another candidate version that is practically definitive. In August, they will release the final version of Android P.